B. Braun Displays Ongoing Commitment to Home and Specialty Infusion Therapy at NHIA 2019
BETHLEHEM, Pa., March 05, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- B. Braun Medical Inc. will showcase its extensive portfolio of products, services, and technology at this year’s National Home Infusion Association (NHIA) Conference & Exposition at the Gaylord Palms Convention Center in Orlando, FL from March 9-13.
As part of ongoing efforts to improve patient safety, B. Braun is sponsoring the Sterile Compounding Clinic. Day three includes a Parenteral Nutrition Workshop that will demonstrate how to ensure safe and effective ordering, labeling, and compounding of parenteral nutrition and how to integrate these processes with an automated compounding device. Two of the speakers at the workshop are Eric Bauer, RPh and Denis Wormington, RPh, BCNSP, CNSC of Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc. (CAPS®), part of the B. Braun Group of Companies in the U.S.
“B. Braun is proud to provide products and services to the home and specialty infusion therapy community backed by the highest quality standards, continued support, and education,” remarked Mike Connelly, Director of Marketing for Clinical Nutrition and Automated Compounding. “Our goal is to help create a strong future for home and specialty infusion by partnering with industry leaders to focus on patient safety and pharmacy efficiency.”
The products and services B. Braun will feature at booth #411 will include:
- APEX® Compounding System – For facilities that require in-house compounding capability, this macro and micro compounder incorporates a large user interface, 26-lead preassembled sets, and dual-drive filling technology with automated delivery as low as 0.2 mL.
- Plenamine™ 15% Amino Acids Injection* – Available in March 2019, Plenamine in flexible containers is the latest addition to our Parenteral Nutrition Pharmacy Bulk Pack portfolio.
- The PINNACLE® TPN Management System – An integrated system of technology and software that streamlines the ordering, compounding, and delivery of Parenteral Nutrition, the PINNACLE TPN Management System is designed to improve safety and efficiency when compounding in the pharmacy.
- Easypump® ST/LT Elastomeric Infusion Pump – A disposable, easily transportable pump for short or long-term infusions, the Easypump is designed to give clinicians the option to deliver pre-determined amounts of medication to patients in a continuous and accurate manner, either in the hospital or at home. The pump features a patented “Sliding Core” technology designed for consistent, concentric balloon contraction, and its components are not made with natural rubber latex or DEHP.
- OnGuard® Closed System Transfer Device (CSTD) - The market leader in CSTD air-cleaning technology OnGuard protects healthcare workers and others against the harmful risks of hazardous drug exposure. The unique features of this technology are designed to make OnGuard easy to operate and easy to integrate into your practice to help you meet USP 800.
- CAPS® Services
- CAPS Consulting - Over 25 years of active pharmacy and clean room experience with expertise in USP <797>, the Drug Quality and Security Act (DQSA), and more.
- CAPS Parenteral Nutrition (PN) Services - With CAPS patient specific PN solutions, we know every patient has unique nutritional needs and deliver what you need, when you need it.
- CAPSLink™ - Directly place your PN order with our easy and safe online ordering software.
About B. Braun
B. Braun Medical Inc., a leader in infusion therapy and pain management, develops, manufactures, and markets innovative medical products and services to the healthcare industry. Other key product areas include ostomy and wound care, dialysis, nutrition, pharmacy admixture and compounding. The company is committed to eliminating preventable treatment errors and enhancing patient, clinician and environmental safety. B. Braun Medical is headquartered in Bethlehem, Pa., and is part of the B. Braun Group of Companies in the U.S., which includes B. Braun Interventional Systems, Aesculap® and CAPS®.
Globally, the B. Braun Group of Companies employs more than 61,000 employees in 64 countries. Guided by its Sharing Expertise® philosophy, B. Braun continuously exchanges knowledge with customers, partners and clinicians to address the critical issues of improving care and lowering costs. To learn more about B. Braun Medical, visit www.BBraunUSA.com.
B. Braun Medical Inc.
Upcoming Life Sciences Events
- September 2019
- Munich: The Biotech & Pharma Summit: Drug Delivery & Formulation
- Brussels: The Pharma Forecasting Course
- Bangkok: Bio Investment Asia 2019